The Windsor Independent – Jon Liedtke
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: Jon Liedtke asks Ontario Premier Wynne if she’ll license cannabis loungesby Jon LiedtkeOntario Premier Kathleen Wynne visited Windsor Ontario and I asked her for Windsor Independent whether she would license Higher Limits or other cannabis lounges for onsite sale & consumption of cannabis like how the AGCO licenses establishments.
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: JODIE EMERY: The Pursuit of Pot Activismby Jon LiedtkeChatting with the “Princess of Pot” about her. Cannabis Culture franchise with Marc Emery, the movement they continue to fight for, the Liberal Government and her simple solution to the problem.
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: A JOINT EFFORTby Jon LiedtkeWith legalization legislation coming early 2017, now, more than ever, the cannabis community and industry need to join forces and work together, yet remain divided
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: Clarifying Canadian Pot Policyby Jon LiedtkeTrudeau’s government announced on 420 they will legalize cannabis, and considering this, it made sense to explain summarize where cannabis policy stands in Canada.
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: HOLDING THE LINEby Jon LiedtkeThe 1% megahospital levy has been approved and Jon Liedtke says it’s time Windsor gets a state-of-the-art hospital, and the location can prompt more regionalism.
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: REEFER MADNESSby Jon LiedtkeJon Liedtke, owner of Higher Limits, offers his thoughts on the Smoke Free Ontario Act and its assault on the rights of medical marijuana users
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: THINGS ARE DONE A BIT DIFFERENT IN HALIFAXby Jon LiedtkeJon Liedtke set up an unprompted one-on-one interview with the mayor of Halifax, Michael Savage, to discuss Halifax, its economy, and politics.
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: WALL STREET TO FERNDALE: VALENTINE STILLS FILLED WITH THE BESTby Jon LiedtkeFor some, giving up after 13 years on Wall Street might signal defeat, but not for Rifino Valentine, owner and president of Valentine’s Distillery, who gave it all up to open up a small batch distillery focused on becoming a household name by producing the world’s best spirits.
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: ACCELERATOR SEEKING SUPPORTby Jon LiedtkeThe Windsor IndependentJon LiedtkeJan. 15, 2016 At what point do you just pack it in and give up? It’s remarkable that after 5 years and […]
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: SHOPPING FOR VOTES: CITY COUNCIL STYLEby Jon LiedtkeCity council has been hijacked. It was hijacked before this council was sworn in, and it appears as if it will remain as such.
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: LOCAL WOMAN DELIVERS 500 HANDMADE CARDS TO WINDSOR POLICEby Jon LiedtkeFor the past two years an anonymous Windsor senior citizen has been writing 500 personalized Christmas cards for every Windsor Police officer, but following an accident, she’s asking for help.
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: A PEEK INSIDE CAESARS’ NEW ARIIUS NIGHTCLUBby Jon LiedtkeIt may look like Vegas or New York, but it’s actually ARIIUS, the latest club to open its doors at Caesars Windsor.
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: VOTING YES TO SADDLE DEBT ON FUTURE STUDENTS TO FINANCE FUTURE ARENA WRONGby Jon LiedtkeStudents should vote no on an unfair sports & recreation complex referendum designed to impact future students.
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: WHEN TRIMMING THE FAT GOES TOO FARby Jon LiedtkeWindsor city councillors have 3 weeks to read, deliberate and seek input for the budget, and some councillors say it’s not enough time.
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: CAN THE GOVERNMENT KEEP UP WITH CHANGING CANNABIS LAWS?by Jon LiedtkeA result of slowly changing cannabis laws, combined with a less-than-meaningful enforcement regime, have to come to suggest new entrepreneurial activities have received less than tacit approval.
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: RUMORS OF MULTIPLE DOWNTOWN BUILDINGS SOLD FOR $10-MILLIONby Jon LiedtkeThere are multiple reports a collection of downtown buildings sold for $10 million, including Loop Complex, Chatham Street Grill, City Beer Market and Pour House.
- WINDSOR INDEPENDENT: A Pint with Justin Trudeau & Jon Liedtke (VIDEO)by Jon LiedtkeIn this video, Justin Trudeau sits down with Jon Liedtke to discuss Windsor, the upcoming 2015 election, cannabis, electoral reform, single sports betting, and other topics.
Jon Liedtke was a co-owner and business development manager for The Windsor Independent.